At last, I have finally found the time to do product reviews again. This product is really exciting because it is very affordable, yet the quality is just phenomenal. I will be reviewing Maybelline’s Baby Skin Pore Eraser.
Poreless Smooth Skin, Lightweight and Breathable. That is how the package describes the product. I say It is really true! You can definitely compare this to Benefit’s Porefessional. Both has the same goal, but then I haven’t tried benefit so I just can’t tell the difference yet. Nevertheless, Let’s get on to the review of this baby.
PRICE: PHP299 FROM WATSONS (PARKMALL, CEBU)
WHAT I LOVE:
- Super love the packaging and the design! The fact that it comes in a slim squeezable tube is also very convenient for travel.
- It comes in a transparent gel and a little goes a really long way.
- The texture of the product is heavenly. It has this velvety, melts to powder sort of finish. It also mattifies your face and really shrinks the appearance of pores, as well as fine lines and rough areas.
- I noticed that my makeup lasts longer with this on my face. Usually, my face oils up after 4 hours without retouching. But with this piece of heaven underneath my foundation (Almay Clear Complexion), my makeup lasted 8 hours with only a slight hint of dewiness on my face. FYI, the weather is freaking hot! So imagine an 8 hour makeup without melting with this kind of weather. Amazing right?
- Blending makeup is such a dream with this baby skin pore eraser on. Also, my pores totally disappeared whenever I apply my foundation on.
- I noticed that if I apply my foundation directly to my skin, a few hours after, I feel like removing my makeup because the oil buildup just makes my face feel even hotter. But when I had this on before my foundation, I look and feel like I’m not wearing makeup at all.
- I didn’t break out, my pores were not clogged and removing makeup is a bit easier with this on my skin.
- No Scent.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED?
- Definitely nothing! Totally hands down with this good stuff.
I am about to splurge on a good face primer like Revlon Photoready or Smashbox. But then, I found this and I guess this works more than just a pore refiner. It totally works as a face primer. It holds on to my makeup and with this on, my face feels bare and very smooth.
I am really glad I found this at my local drugstore. I’d give this a perfect 10 for the affordability, quality and the awesome experience which isn’t what I really expected from this product.